Pages

  • AboutUs
  • Current Work
  • Favorite Posts
  • Contact copy

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Introducing...Sara Relojo, my sister! The newest addition to Mixie Studio!


In case you haven't heard, in my previous post, I mentioned that I will be joining creative forces with a mystery person. Today, I am so, so, SO happy to announce that the mystery person is my lovely sister, Sara! Mixie Studio will now become a duo!
Why, you ask? Why change such a good thing? Well...one reason why we decided to collaborate was because we've always wanted to work together creatively. We both graduated from the Art Academy of Cincinnati and are very passionate about making things and sharing our projects. I must also mention we come from a creative family. Our father is an artist and our mother is a teacher. So, needless to say, it's in our genes. Also, since we now live an hour away from each other, this venue will help us stay connected :)


Since Sara is a preschool teacher and illustrator, I know her areas of expertise will bring great insight to the existing blog. Having experience as a children's story-time programmer at a local library, she will also add more whimsy to our kid craft related posts.

And now a few words from Sara!
I am so excited to become a part of Mixie Studio! This blog has been a such a special space for my sister, her family, and her creative inspirations. I hope to stay true to Lauren's voice and integrate my own as well. As an illustrator and teacher, I am most drawn to stories and learning. I aim to create functional art that inspires adults and children alike to be confident in their minds, bodies, and spirits - whether the process of art making or the final outcome be the cathartic experience. I can't wait to share my successes and failures in the world of art making! Anything can happen, especially when the kiddos are involved :) Thanks for reading!

The blog will be going through a slight transition, so bear with us as we make some minor changes in the next couple weeks. We're so excited to be working together!

Oh wait! It's also her birthday in a few days, so don't hesitate to wish her a happy one!! But shhhh...you didn't hear that from me ;)

7 comments:

  1. Woohoo! How fun! Congrats to you both! Can't wait to see what comes next! :) and a Happy (early) Birthday to Sara! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the collaboration of the century! Two of the most talented ladies I know, and they just happen to be sisters :) Looking forward to stalking Mixie more!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You two girls have all the best parts of your parents, and I hope to meet you some day. Good Luck in your adventure....enjoy the journey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sister love! you women are amazingly talented. can't wait to see how mixie studio develops and grows! love you both!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is too fun! looking forward to seeing your collaborations :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That seems like a lot of fun! I bet you will do great projects together :)


    www.vindiebaby.com
    Vintage Inspired Girls

    ReplyDelete
  7. In case you haven't heard, in my previous post, I mentioned that I will be joining creative forces with a mystery person. Today, I am so, so, SO happy to announce that the mystery person is my lovely sister, Sara! Mixie Studio will now become a duo! I would just love to own a pair of these awesome boots

    ReplyDelete