Pages

  • AboutUs
  • Current Work
  • Favorite Posts
  • Contact copy

Thursday, February 14, 2013

White Chocolate Dipped Sandwich Cookies - No baking!


A few nights ago, Ellie and I wanted to make some treats for Valentines Day! I searched around and discovered these magical sandwich cookies using the odds and ends we had at home (minus THE amazing cookie butter)! Oh! Did I mention that there's no baking involved? Want to make some?

Here's What You'll Need:
  • A baking sheet
  • Wax paper
  • 1 half or full box of Ritz Crackers
  • Speculoos Cookie Butter
  • Sprinkles (any kind)
  • 1 bag of White Chocolate Chips
  • Cooking oil (optional)
 


The Steps (refer to pictures above):

  1. Cover the baking sheet with wax paper and then lay half of the total amount of crackers onto the wax paper.
  2. Spread some cookie spread onto the crackers. Not a ton, just enough to generously coat the cracker's surface.
  3. Make them into cookie spread sandwiches by putting another cracker on top of each one.
  4. Pour all of the white chocolate chips into a microwave safe bowl. Then microwave them for about minute or until completely melted. Stir well. Sometimes adding a little cooking oil can help keep the chocolate from hardening quickly.
  5. Dip cookie spread sandwiches into the melted white chocolate, fully coating the crackers. Dipping only half way is another option.
  6. Transfer the fully coated cookie spread sandwiches back onto the wax paper. It was pretty messy for us...the white chocolate dripped all over the wax paper. I didn't want it to cool and harden that way, so...
  7. I recommend transferring the messy dipped sandwiches onto a new piece of wax paper. Discard the messy previous one and then replace it with the new one and back onto the baking sheet.
  8. Add the final touch by sprinkling your choice of sprinkles onto the dipped sandwiches! It took all of my might NOT to sprinkle them myself and make them pretty, but I just let Ellie have the containers and go at it. She had fun and is asking me to make more all the time! It might even be fun to have a stencil next time? It's worth experimenting with!
  9. Set in the fridge for 30 minutes to 1 hour or until the white chocolate has hardened and...VoĆ­la!

Another way you can experiment is by using peanut butter instead of cookie butter or a different kind of cracker for the sandwich. I also wanted to try dark chocolate instead of white chocolate sometime. Even trying coconut shavings instead of sprinkles would be yummy, too! If you try it out, let me know! I'd love to hear about it!

Outtakes aka... What happens outside of the frame. Hehehe...this little girl was such a great helper! Love her.



Happy Valentines Day friends! Hope yours' was GRAND.

3 comments:

  1. Looks very delicious :) I can't wait for my little Sofia to be that age. Great blog by the way


    www.vindiebaby.com
    Vintage Inspired Fashion by Independent Designers for Your Little darling

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I just found your blog and am loving browsing around :) I just bought a jar of that amazing cookie butter - but to be honest didn't know what to do with it. Definitely giving this recipe a try! Thanks for sharing it :) - Kat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cover the baking sheet with wax paper and then lay half of the total amount of crackers onto the wax paper.
    Spread some cookie spread onto the crackers. Not a ton, just enough to generously coat the cracker's surface. These boots are fantastic

    ReplyDelete