Pages

  • AboutUs
  • Current Work
  • Favorite Posts
  • Contact copy

Friday, October 5, 2012

The City Flea at Washington Park


This is a long overdue post (since these were taken in July, August?), but it's a MUST share. And I finally have a second to post it! So here it is. We made it to one of this year's The City Flea events! See what my sister and I did on last year's trip here. This time it was at Cincinnati's newest park, Washington Park. It was a hot, HOT day and me, Ellie and my cousin, Lucy, spent more time walking around than we expected. But it was well worth it!



Here were some of my favorite finds we spotted that day!


As expected, there were lots of vintage goodies to gawk at.


We had to stop for a juice break. Did I mention that it was H-O-T out? Thank goodness I put her in a sleeveless free-flowing sundress and I brought several juice boxes. Notice she her bare toesies ;)


Off to check out the booths again...We found Vintmo! I will forever love that clock. Be sure to check out their Etsy store, too. Yes, the clock is still up for grabs ;)



 
It was about time for lunch, so we checked out some of the food trucks! For lunch we ate The Day After Thanksgiving Turkey Sandwich from Eat! Moblie and the Mmmmm Oreo cupcake from SugarSnap Sweet Treats for dessert! So yummy. The icing was divine.

  

The XYZ Art & Pizzy and Jojo booth was close by, so we stopped there to say hello to the lovely and talented Life in Balance family! Caught a pic of them documenting the day ;) Check out all that awesome artwork. So creative, this family!! Side note: We also have had two amazing photo sessions with Brett & Jess from Life in Balance over the past few years! We can voucher that they are amazing! Be sure to check out their site.


Loved the mixed media pieces and simple & effective, booth set-up from Riff Raff Initiative!


Of course, a Street Pops break was in order!! Plum Basil was our choice of the day. SO refreshing and delicious! Ellie loved it. Mmmmm... Side note: One of our favorite flavors is the Ginger Peach Lambic. A MUST try. I won't lie...if you haven't had Street Pops, yet, you are missing out.

Then off to the booths, again. Just my type ;) Check out Schneeman & Co. Vintage!
 
I also saw another talented friend of mine I hadn't seen in a while! LOVE this girl to pieces. Click here to see a previous about some of Karla's fashion designs, as well as Polaroids I took from one of her fashion shows I was in! Good times with creative people.

That same day, the Cincinnati Public Library, Happen Inc. & Bluegrass for Babies had activities for children to do! Here are some snippets of what kind of things Ellie participated in :) She had a BLAST.

I think her favorite activities, from the day, were from the Bluegrass for Babies booth. Planting seeds and making pretend pizzas with her harvest! ;)

And I leave you with a little animation of Ellie and I hula-hooping at the end of the day. Thanks Luce for capturing us goofballs trying to hula-hoop ;-P Look at Ellie just moving the hoop with her arms!

 

We can't wait to make it out to another one.

Don't forget! Today is the last day to enter for the Just Because I Love You Giveaway! Head over HERE to enter. You have until 6pm EDT tonight!! Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. haha! such a fun day cousin day! can't wait to do this again with you & ellie! love you gals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a long overdue post (since these were taken in July, August?), but it's a MUST share. And I finally have a second to post it! So here it is. We made it to one of this year's The City Flea events! I see these boots and they make me want to dance

    ReplyDelete